Friday, January 25, 2013

Our "Haven"

This cold, snowy Friday afternoon the girls and I ventured off to our little slice of tropical paradise.  Where once you walk through the doors, the warmth embraces your skin and your eyes suddenly become glued to the dense foliage and tropical blooms.  You can hear the waterfalls and you instantly become relaxed.
To my surprise, we were the ONLY people there today which made it that much more special.

Within five minutes of being there, I caught the girls dancing together.  Laughing deep belly laughs and in amazement of the big, bold, colorful goldfish.  Giselle just kept looking at the fish and saying "WOW."  Isabella thought they were pretty cool too.

Both girls explored their haven for about an hour and some change, than we headed out into the cold where the snow had slightly dusted the ground.  Isabella wanted to make a snow angel so bad but A) I didn't think there was enough snow and B) we were planning on going to lunch afterwards and then to the play zone and I didn't want her all wet and cold.  That would have equaled crabby, cold, whiny child.
I LOVE these days that I get to spend with my girls.  They always seem to surprise me and watching them react to different things brings joy to my heart.  Until next time.......








No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...