Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday Brunch




So today, I learned that you don't have to make 4 pounds of macaroni and cheese for a family of 7, plus a baby. What was I thinking? Bob just laughed at me as I had two big casserole dishes in the oven - everything was boiling over onto the bottom of the oven and the whole house was smoking. We didn't even put a dent in the mac and cheese. Maybe I was secretly destined to cook big bulks of food - because it was fun!! Soups - BE PROUD - I am finally on the path to your journey - homemade cakes and I even decorated it with sprinkles - see exhibit A. I think I make frosting better than Betty Jean - so glad she taught me to do that! It was titled - April showers bring May flowers - Can you see the umbrella? Next up, I am still toying with this video deal and uploading. One day, I will successfully master the art of NOT catching clips SIDEWAYS so our viewers don't strain their necks. Lastly, I am still stuffed from brunch! Ham, baked beans, green bean casserole, mac and cheese, appetizers, deviled eggs, dirt pudding, cookies, cheese, vino.... Izzy and Baxie are beat and I am happy that we were all able to get together and enjoy such a beautiful sunshine day. Thanks everyone! Everything was YUMMY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...