Sunday, February 10, 2013

Isabella's Celebration

Today we celebrated Isabella because it marked a very special moment in time.  Let me take you back.  Isabella was fully potty trained a little before the age of 3, however we could not get her to stop wetting the bed. After several weeks of washing her sheets and changing her bedding daily, I had decided that she should wear a pull-up to bed.

About three weeks ago, I told Isabella to go upstairs, put her pajamas on, brush her teeth and put a pull-up on.  When I arrived upstairs, she had her pajamas on and had brushed her teeth.  With her big eyes, she looked at me and said "Mommy, I don't want to wear a pull-up to bed, I don't need it." 

With a little hesitation, I listened and said OKAY, no pull-up.  Off to bed she went.



3 weeks later, she has not wet the bed once and we felt she deserved a reward for such an accomplishment!  So we took her to lunch at her favorite place - Portillo's and we even let her pick out a new toy as a reward.  She picked out a pair of sunglasses, a cell-phone, a debit card and a purse.  Additionally, she picked out a musical keyboard for Giselle - because Giselle loves music.  (We were all the way through the store and Bella said, Mommy - we should buy a present for Baby G too!  I smiled and said GREAT IDEA ISABELLA!)  She was SOOOO EXCITED and we tell her daily how proud of her we are.  Keep up the good work Bella!  YOU ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...