Sunday, August 28, 2011

As Summer Comes to An End





Why does summer always seem to fly by in Illinois? It seems like you just get warmed up and then the cool air sets. The air conditioning goes off and you open up the doors and windows to welcome the cool air breeze.
I get excited for fall. One of my favorite seasons. It means that you get to cook those warm, belly filling meals and not feel guilty about really chowing down. Like a pot roast with carrots and potatos. Or chili. You get to wear your favorite sweater or scarf.
Before I get too excited about fall, I must say the girls are enjoying these last few days of summer. This morning we went on a two hour bike ride through the forest preserves. Afterwards, we treated ourselves to a Portillo's hotdog. Followed by a two hour nap. Then we hit the pool and swam for a few. Then we all made a homemade pizza together.
Hope you all are enjoying these last days before we reach a new season to welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...