Friday, September 08, 2017

When in DOUBT, ALWAYS get a SECOND Opinion

Once both of my daughters turned two years old, I started taking them for annual eye exams.  They have both seen the same optometrist every single year.  With every annual exam, I have been told that their vision is great! 
For the past two years, Isabella has really been struggling with reading in school.  Having doubts about seeing the same optometrist for an annual exam just before school was to start, I called and switched to a brand new optometrist.
When in doubt, always get a second opinion!  AND I am glad I did.  When I took Isabella in to get her eye exam, the optometrist looked at me and said "No one ever told you there was anything wrong with her eyes?"  I explained to him that they are diligent about getting all annual exams and he was absolutely shocked when I told him NO, no one ever told me there was anything wrong with her eyes.
He went on to explain that when Isabella tries to read a sentence to completion, she can't because her eyes cross.  BINGO!  There was a big piece of the missing puzzle as to WHY she is struggling with reading.  She now has to wear glasses all the time and hopefully, over time her eyes will correct themselves. 
Wearing eyeglasses everyday has been an adjustment for Isabella, as she is trying to get used to them.  Within 24 hours of receiving them, she came home from school and they were completely broken.  When she was outside for recess, she took them off and laid them on the ground to take take her sweatshirt off and someone ran over them.  Back to store I went with the glasses and they couldn't be fixed, so they had to order a new pair for her.
She absolutely LOVES wearing glasses and we have already noticed an improvement in her reading!  That is GREAT NEWS!  Keep up the good work Isabella, and keep taking care of those beautiful glasses.

Painting with her NEW glasses

She looks so studious!

The broken glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...