Sunday, June 07, 2009

Izzy Goes CAMPING.....Lake Kegonsa State Park




Over the river and through the woods, to camping in Lake Kegonsa State Park we went with five other couples. Nestled among the oaks with our friends, we enjoyed the beautiful weather! Saturday the boys went fishing and caught several bass that we grilled for lunch and the girls visited the farmer's market in downtown Madison. I really enjoyed the farmer's market - it was the BIGGEST I think I have ever been to. They seem small here in Chicago. They had fruits, vegetables, fresh baked cheese bread - cheese curds that "SQUEAK" between your teeth and cookies to die for, piggy banks, clothing items and the list goes on and on. And downtown Madison is beautiful.
We decided to take advantage of the trails and went on a five mile hike and Izzy is quite the adventurer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...