Friday, August 21, 2009

Allergic or Lactose?


Will she be lactose intolerant? The doc said a few months back that at 11 months, we could start mixing whole milk with Izzy's formula. So we did just that, about three weeks ago and then we went to just straight milk. It was fine for the first week and a half - just like it was when she was born - but then the effects starting kicking in. She would drink her bottle and within 10 minutes it would run out the other end.
I ran to the doctors office frantically by myself and begged the receptionist to let me see the doc in between her patients. They let me see her and the doc told me to put her back on the formula and try rice milk in a few weeks.
I still have not tried the rice milk - she is still drinking straight formula. At 12 months, you are to ween the baby off of the formula and just give whole milk. Izzy is only a couple weeks away from that.
Next week, I will try rice milk and hope hope hope that it works.
Family health history is important. Bob's mother was raised on goat's milk. I am anxious to find out if Izzy is allergic to milk or lactose intolerant - the doc also said we may have to send Iz to an allergist at 15 months if this persists. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...