Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter







Happy Easter to everyone! I hope you all are enjoying your day, whatever you decide to do with yourselves. The Easter bunny came and brought baskets for the girls and left some brightly colored eggs throughout the yard. Isabella went on an Easter egg hunt and her face lit up each and every time she found a new egg.
Meanwhile, inside the bunny ranch, I was busy preparing honey glazed ham, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole and baked beans. Bob made a vanilla pudding shortcake parfait with fresh blueberries, raspberries and pineapple. I was planning on making a pineapple upside down cake, however that went right out the window when I turned the bunt cake upside down in a haste. So we got a little creative in the kitchen and came up with a new dessert.
We dressed the table in it's Sundays best with a fancy tablecloth, the Nortake china, fresh daffodils in beautiful vases and we took a CHEERS with sparkling, pink lemonade. YUM. Giselle and Baxter almost slept the day away.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...