Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy - 36 years old that is







Today is Cowboy Bob's birthday. Isabella picked out a cake for daddy...her favorite, Buzz and Woody - from Toy Story, her favorite movie. So we had Happy Birthday Cowboy Bob frosted onto the cake - a name originated from a trip to Palm Springs one year...complete with a volleyball game, some chillers and a cowboy hat...and the SUNSHINE.
Last night, I told Bob in bed that he would be turning 33 today. But he was quick to inform me that he was turning 36. I sorely apologized. With the explanation that my sister is only 34. My mom is 54 and my dad is 56. And I am 30. WE ARE ALL STILL REALLY YOUNG IN MY EYES. and ALWAYS will be.
We celebrated Bob's birthday with a special dinner - steamed mussels in a white wine sauce over pasta. Boy oh boy are mussels tricky little suckers to get home from the fish market. They are one of the most temperamental foods I have ever cooked with. Or transported for that matter. They have to be at just the right temperature while they are in transport otherwise they open up and then they are no good. Perhaps that is why they are so intriguing and TASTY.
All in all was a good day for bob's birthday, but busy. He spent his birthday traveling - put at least 400 miles on his car traveling to meet different mayors and I spent the day at work as well. We came home, fed the girls dinner, gave them bath's and celebrated bob's 33rd birthday (HA) with a nice dinner, cake and ice cream. Isabella couldn't wait to have cake. And when she had it, for some reason, she looked like Dawn Marie when she was a little girl. Even if the celebration was at 8 p.m., we still had fun. May all of your wishes come true cowboy!! Love you today, and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...