Sunday, April 15, 2012

What a DAY.


Our friends, Eric and Sharon just had a newborn baby - he is about 2 months old - a second addition to their family. They also have a two year old. I remember how I felt at that time as a new mother for the second time. Tired from waking up in the middle of the night and fried. Bob and I wanted to go and visit and I thought it would be nice to take a bite to eat. When your a new mother, the last thing you want to do after taking care of two kids all day is cook and do the dishes. Yet you are hungry and want to eat a nice meal. It is appreciated when someone goes that extra mile for you and does something as simple as making a dinner and cleaning up.
With that being said, I made barbacoa meat for tacos, along with authentic mexican rice that my friend taught me to make and bob chopped up the tomatoes, shredded the cheese, diced the cilantro and onions.
Off we went and had a mid afternoon taco party. All three kids played while the baby slept and we enjoyed some vino and tacos. Made me want to play yuker, but not everyone knows how to play. Bummer. When we finished eating, I cleaned their entire kitchen and we sat and relaxed some more. It couldn't have been a more relaxing sunday and fun with friends. Isabella and Giselle LOVED their tire swing. Isabella told me she absolutely wanted one at home. I told her I would have to find a tire and some rope first, but would try my best.
In the meantime, back to cooking. I have some ham hocks and a homemade marinara brewing on low for a little Italiano for tomorrow's dinner. Bob loves the sauce with the ham hocks. Me, not so much. Thank goodness my NEW blender is currently on it's way. The cuisinart shredder just isn't cutting the trick for my sauces and chopping. Time for the BIG DOG. LOOK OUT chef dale...

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...