Monday, January 02, 2017

Happy 2017!


Happy New Year!  What did everyone do to celebrate the New Year?  We made a yummy dinner of ahi tuna and oysters Rockefeller and then spent a QUIET evening together as a family on the couch.  Can you say BLISS?  I really enjoyed cuddling and snuggling and reflecting back on 2016.  And what a year it WAS……

One of my favorite quotes is “Collect Moments, Not Things.”  We had an adventurous year as a family and were fortunate enough to create everlasting MEMORIES traveling to Disney World, my mother and father’s house in Florida, Nashville (Giselle LOVED Nashville! OH BOY!!), Mackinaw Island (The Grand Hotel), Galena, Michigan, Palm Springs, Kentucky (Celebrating Bob’s ALUMNI weekend), Anguilla, St. Maartin, AND our annual tradition of a weekend at the Peninsula, Chicago before Christmas.

As for the girls, I enjoyed volunteering for a week in June for the Girl Scout Camp.  Loved spending a week with all of those little girls and their all so very different personalities!  Isabella and Giselle made new friends and explored the outdoors.  Both girls completed beginning gymnastics for 12 weeks.  Isabella struggled with balance while Giselle flipped around those bars like nobody’s business.  Both girls are in Girl Scouts and continue to be active within the community.  Last week, they finished up their chess program and continue to LOVE chess.  And just recently, Isabella has been rocking out her skills with her basketball team which goes until the end of March 2017.

They say Tomorrow is the FIRST blank page of a 365 PAGEBOOK.  Make it a good one!  I can’t WAIT to see what 2017 holds for ALL OF US!  I am NOT, (I WILL NOT) RUSH IT.  Not for one second.  I will say this…. My CUP RUNNETH OVER.  And what that means to me is this:  I am super thankful that all of my family and friends are HEALTHY.  I am one lucky girl.  Period.  I LOVE each and every one of you!  Happy New Year……. THIS IS YOUR YEAR TO SPARKLE!  Make it SHINE!   XOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...