Thursday, May 23, 2019

Is May 23rd a Historic Date? Maybe?

It feels like we are living in Seattle with all this rain....It's almost Memorial Day Weekend and it just keeps raining and raining.  I don't recall a Spring such as this in quite some time!  While the weather was nice today, the girls got a chance to play outside on their play set.  I love that they LOVE to play on their play set after all of these years!
And this got me to reminiscing.  When was this play set built?  I felt like there was a coincidental date and then I looked it up.  Does a date ever come by you and you say to yourself, "I know something happened this day!" But you can't quite put your finger to it?  To my surprise, on May 23, 2011, we started assembling this play set.  8 years ago!  And it wasn't easy.  Everything came in a box and it wasn't labeled, and it took 2 whole weekends to assemble with friends and family. Isabella was 3 years old, and Giselle was 5 months old. LOOK at THEM TODAY.....Still enjoying this!  I am going to SAVOR IT!!

Some things are not coincidental, they happen for a reason : )

TODAY! Isabella @ 10 and Giselle @ 8 loving their play set!

In 2011, when we started building

HOW?  We DID IT! 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...