Monday, October 06, 2008

Izzy Knocks Out Another State.....





















Today, I decided to take a drive out of the concrete jungle with Izzy to the country. HEY, I just thought of something! Did you know that Izzy was born one month ago TODAY? I just realized that as I was typing this blog and looked at the calendar. How fun. Anywho, as I was saying - we took a leisurely drive and ended up at a pumpkin patch and apple orchard in Indiana. The orchard had 18, I repeat 18 different kinds of apples. Who knew there were so many different kinds? Not me. So far, Izzy has knocked out 2 states and only has 48 more to visit!

She had a really fun day today and doesn't even know it! She visited her very first zoo complete with goats that climb wooden ladders, cows, bunnies, horsies and a few other animals. From there, we walked around and looked at the pumpkin patches, what was left of the sunflower fields and after that we toured the food section - her favorite. I couldn't resist the homemade fudge - I tried a sample and thought - YUMMY (Does that explain why my 6 dresses on hand don't fit for the wedding this weekend???!!!) - I knew Cowboy Bob would love the homemade treats, so we scooped up that along with a taffy apple. Then, I walked past a lady who was making pea salsa.... SAY WHAT?!! Have you ever heard of pea salsa? So of course, I tried it -loved it - and brought home a jar!! Go figure.
After that, Izzy appeared to be a bit bored and started to get a bit fussy, so we walked over to the big tractors. That would for sure peak her interest. Right? So we climbed aboard the big wagon and went for a ride. Sure enough, within a minute, Izzy fell asleep, so she missed out on the corn maze and different apple trees.
All in all, it was a very relaxing day in the country. Very cool hat on Izzy grama vail (soupy, do you have HAT envy?)- got three compliments while at the orchard alone : ) Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...