Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Big City


While life is zooming around in the BIG CITY with hustle and bustle, people going to and from work making a living, eating yummy food and entertaining, Izzy is busy growing and learning.
Last week, Bob and I had our appointment with the nutritionist which lasted a total of maybe 20 minutes. With all of Izzy's allergies - egg, milk, soy and rice - I guess I was expecting a thorough, in-depth conversation of different tactics bob and I could take to an approach to a toddler with food allergies. Instead, we walked away with "print-outs" on the different allergies from the Internet. Jeez - I could of spent some time and "googled" these print-outs myself!
One of the things that I never realized until I was a mom, is that you have a mad "sixth sense" as to what your child is going through. You almost ALWAYS know what is going on with your child before others do. So it is - we switched Izzy to a formula that is more tailored to her needs as a toddler, not as a baby. So far, day 4 on the formula, she is taking to it well. Amen. We can test her in another 3 months to see if her milk allergies go away and take her off of the formula.
Meanwhile, she continues to eat chicken nuggets, fish sticks, sweet corn, apples, grapes, pickles, green beans, toast, crackers, sweet peas, carrots and drinks LOTS OF WATER. You name it - she is my fruit and vegetables girl - a girl after my own heart. I am ashamed to say that I don't cook alot of red meat in our household - so Izzy mainly eats chicken and fish and the entire family of all the vegetables and fruit.
On the funny side, Izzy's newest favorite thing to do is take OFF her pants. I'm not sure I know how to react to this. Other than to tell her to put her pants back on - but of course, she does not know how to do this on her own. I thought only boys did this - but I guess girls do too.
Secondly, she pulled out a bottle of nail polish from a bag on Valentine's Day and was waving it around the house - so Bob said to Izzy - that is "momma's booze." So she ran around the house with that bottle of nail polish continuously saying - MOMMAS BOOZE. I told Bob - JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE ON THE RECEIVING END!! And he said Sandy -you are not that quick witted on your feet. He's right.
At this age, she is so much fun. Isabella is communicating with us more, repeating words, creating sentences, playing harder and loving up on us. I love her daily words. In the morning before I go to work - it is a kiss, followed with the words GOOD DAY - BYE BYE MOMMY. In the evening, it is lots of HUGS, SIT (so she can hang out with me in the tall chair and help cook dinner), dragging out every and all toys (I love this part) and so much more!
Izzy and Bax send their love to ALL OF YOU XOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...