Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Words, "I Don't Have To"

Just the other day, it was Aunt Dawn's 40th birthday and while I was on the phone with her, I asked Isabella if she wanted to wish Aunt Dawn a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. And there it was....an "I don't have to." response from Isabella. REALLY? Aunt Dawn said, you just wait Sandy, wait until that resurfaces into another conversation. While I knew it would happen, I didn't expect it to happen so soon. And tonight was the night.
There it was. 4 days later. I had just fed baby g dinner and now it was time for Isabella to eat her dinner. I made some homemade pasta for her, sat it in front of her spot and I got.... I DON'T HAVE TO EAT MY DINNER.
Much to my surprise, it didn't take long for these words to fly out of my mouth. "Isabella, if you don't have to eat your dinner, then I don't have to let you watch a Little Einsteins episode before bed and I don't have to let you drink your milk."
Shortly thereafter, Isabella ate her homemade pasta, her green beans and topped it off with some applesauce. I feel like everyday it is a battle to get her to eat her dinner! Errrr! I feel like I have to make a proposition, a bargain, a deal or a promise. Sometimes it takes up to an hour for her to eat. I know she has food allergies, but really?
Meanwhile, Baby G is eating good. Still almost 11 months and NO teeth. Isabella had teeth by this time! Baby G is full of smiles and is on the verge of walking. Or at least I like to think she is : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...