Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Isabella's First Dance Recital - May 28, 2014

Isabella has been taking dance class once a week every month for the past eight months at her school with Priscilla School of Dance. Every Monday, they practice dance for an hour. Bob and I first signed up Isabella for dance class outside of school when she was 3 years old and I can remember taking her to class every Saturday and she just stood there and didn't move for an entire month. Bob and I decided to take her out of class, perhaps she was not ready or did not want to, even though she said she wanted to. Fast forward two years to the age of 5.....this little girl GLOWED this evening. And I don't know who was more excited. Everyday, she would wake up and say..."MOMMY, How many more days until my dance recital?!" So the countdown began. And as each day passed, I continued to get more and more excited for her because she was excited. All dressed up in a royal blue outfit, she danced a total of 2 songs but the length of the show did not matter. She glowed from ear to ear and couldn't stop smiling as she stood before her friends and family. I could see it in her eyes, that it meant the world to her that her friends and family were there. And that is what matters most in life, right? That your family and friends are there for you. Thank you to all that came out this evening to see her and her performance. I know you may have had a long day, traveled far or perhaps traffic was bad, BUT you made her DAY, WEEK AND MONTH! Thank you. She was so excited and thankful that she did not want to go to bed : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...