Thursday, August 24, 2017

Our City ADVENTURE

Oprah Winfrey once said...."My first day in Chicago, September 4, 1983, I set foot in this city and just walking down the street, it was like roots, like the motherland.  I knew I belonged here."  I can honestly say, I GET what she means.  For me, I fell in LOVE with the city the moment my father took me downtown as a little girl.  And I have not let go of my love for the city of Chicago since....the rest is history....and will forever be.
While Dawn and Sydney were visiting from California, we headed to the city - all of us girls for an adventure!  First stop, Millennium Park!  We visited The Bean - also known as the Cloud Gate.  Who could be disappointed seeing your reflection all while seeing the beautiful City of Chicago?  The girls loved it!  Trekking down Michigan Avenue some where in between, we stopped at the Candy store, where each of us picked out a special treat! YUM! Then, we stopped for a snack at TGIF!  Then off to the Observation Deck!  What did we do there?  WELL....the kids conned us into 360 Chicago! TILT! They wanted to be on the observation deck that is the home of the thrilling and exhilarating TILT ride - an enclosed moving platform that literally tilts you out and over the edge of the John Hancock Center.  Who was the most fearful?  AUNT DAWN!!  After wards, we met Bob out for a sushi dinner!  All in all, we all had a great day together and even made a stop at one of our favorite store's....LUSH!  We all picked out a bath bomb to enjoy!  And they are the BEST!  The girls tell me often that this was one of their favorite memories of the summer.....CHICAGO!!!!
The girls in M Park!

LOVE!!

Sydney and the girls at the BEAN!

TAKE THIS!!

Isabella and Giselle think that they can PUSH it over!

Beautiful Dawn and Sydney!

Isabella & Giselle are so intrigued about the science of BATH BOMBS.

Isabella - Lover of LEGOS is very fascinated with this Lego tower of the Hancock Tower

LOVE us!

XOXOXO

Michigan Avenue!

LUSH store on Michigan Avenue

Beautiful CHICAGO

Sisters! LOOK at that VIEW!

They love their animals!

And it's precious moments like these...where you catch COUSINS, taking in an amazing view and there is complete silence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...