Wednesday, May 16, 2018

What's COOKIN good LOOKIN?!

In January, Isabella mentioned to me that she wanted to take a cooking class, so I looked into it and we were able to find one that was local and manageable with our schedules.  Let's Get Cooking!  Isabella participated in the healthy hands 8 hour core cooking program (2 hours each over the course of 4 months), where she learned how to prepare and cook healthy snacks, breakfasts, lunches and dinners. 

I have to tell you, I marveled each and every time she came home with something for us to try.  Who doesn't like to try new dishes?   She put her heart and soul in each and every dish for us to try:  Mari pesto Veggie Pasta, Organic Dark Chocolate Fondue, A Blueberry Smoothie, Chocolate No Bake Drop Cookies, Italian Grilled Chicken, Chickpea Tabbouleh, Ranch Dressing Rainbow Cups with Fresh Veggies, Hard Boiled Eggs, Lettuce Wraps, Fried Eggs and Red Pepper Egg and Cheese.  ALL were super YUMMY!

Will she be the next Rachel Ray or Martha Stewart?  Or Bobby Flay?  Time will tell......  This girl loves to chop, cook and prepare dishes in the kitchen (Betty would LOVE her!).  Isabella has surpassed me in the kitchen, as she is not afraid of knives like I am!  She makes a mean fruit salad, chopped finely.  AND anytime I am making chili or need anything chopped up finely - she is right there to help!  And desserts.....I think that is her favorite thing to make.  Maybe she will be a baker?  KEEP ON COO KIN good LOO KIN, we are proud of your achievements!  P.S.S.  Mommy, Daddy and Giselle love your kitchen surprises on movie nights! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...