Monday, May 14, 2018

Mother's Day

Sometimes Mothers Day is hard for people....for Mother's who have lost their children, those who have lost Mother's, or those yearning to be Mother's or even Mother's with strained child relationships.

I am thankful I got to spend Mother's Day with my mother!  I also reminisce on this day back to beautifully created memories with the other Mother like figures that were once in my life, like Nanny and Grandma Betty.  All three of these special women have made and continue to make an influential impact on the mother and woman I am today.  And I am thankful.  Beyond gratification or words.

Some women like to celebrate Mother's Day by dressing up in a fancy outfit and going to brunch, along with the other 1,000 people who are out celebrating.

You won't find me in a fancy outfit at a stuffy, over priced brunch with bland food.  Instead, you will find me, in comfy clothes, spending quality time with my mother.  And you will also find me and my girls in a field filled with colorful yellow weeds, planting our feet firmly on the ground as we take nature in and breathe.  And sneezing!  You will find me SMILING as I watch Giselle and Isabella play hide and go seek.  I smile at their innocence of running and laughing through a field of weeds, while all at the same time I capture that memory, and store it away.  I realize that they will not be this carefree and innocent forever.   And you will also find me relaxing.  It's the one day of the year to relax and DO it, feeling guilt free.

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day!!  XOXOXO

My beautiful mother.

Sisterly LOVE

One, Two, Three......

READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!!

LOVE these GIRLS with all my HEART!



No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...