Sunday, September 12, 2010

Harvest Days









As summer comes to an end, a brand new season begins. A season with cooler weather, falling leaves and warm comforting meals with those you hold dear to your heart. Today we kicked it off with Harvest Days - acres of good, old fashioned fun. Complete with hay rides through the country, antique tractors, live music, wagon rides, a petting zoo and some crafts.
Isabella and I made our first Halloween craft today. It was a pumpkin filled with stickers and Isabella's doodling. She got to sit on an antique tractor and cheese it up with daddy. And her favorites were the hay ride where she sat right next to the Mayor, Jim Daley and the wagon ride.

I ran across a "punkin chucker" that I just had to take a picture of. I didn't get to see a demonstration but I would of loved to have seen it in action. I only envision lining up pumpkins, stuffing it to the gills and then ACTION....nailing everything in sight as pumpkins explode everywhere.
Pretty soon, it will be time for our annual pumpkin carving contest and Halloween costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST DAY of School Photos

 I am surrounded by empty nesters.  For now, I am still celebrating the firsts.  There are always firsts in life...right? I have never been ...